Donations to Playgroup NSW
Thank you for considering a donation to Playgroup NSW.
Playgroup NSW is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient by the Australian Tax Office (ATO) , which means that any cash donations of a value of $2 or more are able to be claimed by the donor as a tax deduction.
We are very grateful for any donation (gift) that you might like to consider.
Funds raised are used to improve the services provided to families, babies and young children throughout NSW in projects such as:
- Working in partnership with local Indigenous agencies, government departments and other early childhood services to establish and support Indigenous Playgroups in remote, rural and metropolitan areas
- Training and educating staff and volunteers to improve the access of vulnerable families to playgroup activities and parenting support
- Purchasing toys, equipment and resources for Playgroups in remote and disadvantaged communities
- Providing financial support for families and groups experiencing hardship in rural, regional and metro areas in order to improve their access to Playgroup and related support activities
- $50 will purchase parenting resources for a newly established Baby Playgroup
- $100 will give an Indigenous playgroup paint, paper and crayons for a year
- $200 will buy enough water to fill the rainwater tank of a small playgroup hall in a drought stricken area. (can you imagine trying to run a playgroup without water?)
- $500 will pay for a small group of mums and dads from country NSW to travel to the Parents Conference in Sydney for a day of parenting workshops, networking and resource sharing
- $1000 will provide the fuel for a volunteer or staff member to visit and support 5 remote community playgroups in outback NSW
- $5000 will pay for a paid facilitator in a Supported Playgroup to assist disadvantaged and vulnerable families to connect with their local community, while learning important child development information and parenting skills
- $10,000 will establish a new Indigenous Playgroup with equipment, resources and a paid support worker for 12 months
Other items of value, such as shares, property or stocks can also be donated, as described below.
• $2 or more: money
• property > $5,000: property valued by the Tax Office at more than $5,000
• property < 12 months: property purchased during the 12 months before the gift was made
• shares ≤ $5,000: listed shares valued at $5,000 or less, and acquired at least 12 months before the gift was made
• trading stock: trading stock disposed of outside the ordinary course of business *
We would be very happy to advise you of the way in which your generous support was utilised.
If you have any questions about donations or the work of Playgroup NSW, please ring our office on 02 9604 5513 or 1800 171 882 (NSW only) and we will be happy to give you more information.
Thank you for your kind support!
* please refer the ATO website http://www.ato.gov.au/nonprofit and follow the links to DGR Gift Pack